Interim Management Statement
November 14, 2008 – In accordance with the UK Listing Authority’s Disclosure and Transparency Rules, Evraz Group S.A. (LSE: EVR) (“Evraz”) today issued its second Interim Management Statement (IMS) relating to the nine months ended on September 30, 2008 (“9M 2008”).
The information in this press release has been prepared in accordance with management accounts policies. Inter-company transactions have been eliminated in consolidation. This announcement does not contain sufficient information to constitute an interim financial report as defined in International Auditing Standards 34, “Interim Financial Reporting”. The following results may differ from financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”). The numbers in this press release have not been audited or reviewed.
Evraz Group S.A. publishes consolidated financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS for the six months ended June 30 and for the year ended December 31, in each year.
- Revenue for the nine-month period was US$17,100 million
- EBITDA was US$5,951 million with EBITDA margin of 34.8%
- Depreciation amounted to US$869 million
- Interest expense was US$472 million
- Total debt as of September 30, 2008 amounted to approximately US$10,214 million including US$4,143 million of short-term loans and current portion of long-term loans
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period stood at approximately US$623 million
- Capital expenditures amounted to US$900 million in 9M 2008
- Total steel products sales in 9M 2008 amounted to 13.7 million tonnes
- Iron ore sales volumes including inter-company shipments totalled 15.3 million tonnes
- Coal sales including inter-company shipments were 5.5 million tonnes of coking coal and 2.9 million tonnes of steam coal
Please download the full version of the press release here.
This report contains certain forward-looking statements with respect to the financial condition, results of operations, and businesses of Evraz Group. These statements and forecasts involve risk and uncertainty because they relate to events and depend upon circumstances that will occur in the future. There are a number of factors which could cause actual results or developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward looking statements and forecasts. The statements have been made with reference to forecast price changes, economic conditions, the current regulatory environment and the current interpretations of IFRS applicable to past, current and future periods. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. Nothing in this announcement should be construed as a profit forecast.
# # #
For further information:
Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations
Tel: +7 495 232 1370