EVRAZ’s structural steel facility is dedicated to long products, including those of low-alloy steel, basically rebar and wire rod, and shaped steel (equal
EVRAZ ZSMK’s structural steel production uses the following steps:
- Coke production, sintering and ironmaking
- Steel rolling
- Ancillary, service and logistic departments.
EVRAZ ZSMK is:
- a leader in the structural steel product market in Russia and the CIS
- a key player in the shaped steel product market in the CIS
- the largest hot rolled beam supplier in the CIS
- one of the key players in the metal goods market in the CIS
- a leader in the market for steel grinding balls and rods in the RF
EVRAZ ZSMK produces more than 400 shape designs according to 63 standard specifications, both Russian and foreign. Rebars made by EVRAZ ZSMK are used for reinforcement of concrete structures.
EVRAZ ZSMK makes rolled products that have greater strength and adhesive capacity and are corrosion-proof.
EVRAZ ZSMK produces hot rolled rebars and thermo-mechanically treated rebars 6 mm to 50 mm long. They are in high demand in the Asia-Pacific region: India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. In 2017, EVRAZ ZSMK started producing rebars for European markets, such as Poland and the Netherlands.
Railway steel product facilities lead in the manufacturing of the entire railway product mix not only in Russia but also worldwide. They produce railway rails, tram rails and subway rails.
EVRAZ ZSMK is:
- The only Russian producer of tram rails;
- The key rail supplier for subways in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan and Novosibirsk. This product is also supplied to non-CIS countries. EVRAZ ZSMK rails run underground trains in India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Taiwan;
- The key supplier of railway steel products for the Russian market. Apart from rails, EVRAZ ZSMK’s railway steel facility produces no fewer than 13 types of railway steel products;
- The product mix includes more than 20 rail profiles according to Russian, European and American standards;
- EVRAZ is the biggest rail supplier to the CIS countries and has over 60% in that region. It ships more than 50,000 tonnes of rails to the countries of the region every year;
- Its export geography includes more than 20 countries.
EVRAZ ZSMK’s rail production includes:
- The rail shop
- The EAF steel shop
The rail shop is flexible and capable of producing the full rail product line including railway rails, switch point rails and tram rails.
Evrazruda is a mining subsidiary of EVRAZ ZSMK that incorporates a few mining facilities and processing facilities in the Kemerovo region. It uses an underground mining process. Its iron ore is consumed mainly by EVRAZ ZSMK.
The mining complex includes:
- Tashtagol mine
- Gorno-Shorskaya mine
- Kazskaya mine
- Gurievsky open pit for limestone
- Abagaturskaya Concentration and Sinter Plant