EVRAZ contributes to local economies in every way it can, supporting the communities in which it operates. We take our social responsibilities seriously. These include good ethical behaviour, concern for employee health and safety, care for the environment and community involvement. It is an integral part of how we conduct our business, make decisions, and set our priorities.
EVRAZ’s community contributions in Russia include support for children with special needs, especially those afflicted by cerebral palsy, providing essential equipment for day care centres, career development and healthy lifestyle promotion programs for young people including
the construction of playgrounds. EVRAZ also supports infrastructure projects, including the construction of roads, streets and embankment areas.
A new community involvement platform centered on childhood literacy was launched in North America in 2012. Focusing on two key pillars – summer reading and improving access to printed reading materials – can help develop stronger readers who will in turn strengthen their communities.
EVRAZ’s community related priorities are as follows:
- Children: support and rehabilitation of physically challenged children
- Young people: promotion of social initiatives
- Education: support of educational organizations, making available opportunities to acquire new skills and knowledge to all people irrespective of their age
- Environment: ensuring better environment in the regions of presence
- Sport: promotion of wellness; support to athletes, children, professional and amatory sports teams.