• Production of tubular products increased 3% as a result of higher production at the Portland large diameter pipe mill in the USA.
• Consolidated raw coking coal output increased by 12% on completion of longwall moves at Yuzhkuzbassugol mines. Production of coking coal concentrate declined by 6% driven by softer demand from Russian steelmakers.
FY 2015 vs FY 2014 HIGHLIGHTS:
• In 2015, the Company produced 14.3 million tonnes of crude steel, a 8% decrease over 2014, partially due ...
... operational controls which are attested by Internal Audit; however, the Group is now instigating a parallel risk management process and culture at the
Risk management processes and internal controls operate across our steel plants, mines, ancillary service operations, capital projects and administrative functions. Risk management and internal control procedures are embedded within our business practices across function areas including finance, HSE, human resources, procurement, ...
EVRAZ signed a five-year rail delivery contract with the Moscow Metro. The contract contains a pricing formula and determines the volume of deliveries; it will come effective this September. Over the five years, EVRAZ will supply 60 thousand tonnes of rails, fully covering the metro’s needs and remaining its key supplier.
EVRAZ signed a five-year rail delivery ...
... Consolidated EBITDA of US$922 million (H1 2014: US$1,080 million)
• EBITDA margin of 18.8% (FY 2014: 17.8%; H1 2014: 15.9%)
• EBITDA margin in the Coal segment of 31.7% (FY 2014: 28.3%; H1 2014: 21.9%) due to the following:
o shutdown of unprofitable mines
o disposal or shutdown of non-core steam coal operations
o a greater share of premium coal grades in the product mix
• Secure position as one of the lowest-cost producers of steel and raw materials in Russia:
o cash cost of slabs decreased to ...
... enrichment plants in the USSR and Europe.
The enterprise’s annual output is approximately 55 million tonnes of iron ore. EVRAZ NTMK is the primary consumer of the enterprise's products.
EVRAZ KGOK currently obtains iron ore from three open pit mines further processing it in crushing, enrichment, sintering and pelletising workshops. Final products (sinter and pellets) are loaded on to railcars and shipped to end consumers including those abroad.
In 2014, EVRAZ KGOK mined more than 58 million ...
... factors the air emissions by EVRAZ ZSMK have increased by 7 thousand tonnes compared to 2013.
Taking into account the management decision to re-base the targets by excluding data related to the disposed assets (EVRAZ VGOK, EVRAZ Vitkovice Steel, three mines of Evrazruda, the ZSMK Central Power Plant of ZSMK and EVRAZ NTMK’s Nizhnesaldinsky mill of), the key air emissions from operations have increased by 3.8% since 2011.
Greenhouse gas emissions
EVRAZ recognises the importance of abating climate ...
... more than 10.8 million tonnes of coal and produced more than 6 million tonnes of concentrate.
As of 1 January 2015, total proved and probable coal reserves under the JORC Code were estimated at 404,116 thousand tonnes.
The Company operates coal mines Alardinskaya, Yesaulskaya, Osinnikovskaya, Uskovskaya, Yerunakovskaya-VIII, two enrichment plants and servicing entities.
The Company supplies its coking coal to most of the leading steel and by-product coke plants in Russia and the CIS. EVRAZ’s ...
... the Russian market
· Consolidated raw coking coal output and production of coking coal concentrate decreased by 9% and 10% respectively due to lower output of the Raspadskaya coal company primarily as a result of a planned longwall move at one of its mines.
Download full version
Raspadskaya is an integrated coal mining and enrichment complex.
It comprises three underground mines, one open-pit mine, one underground mine under construction and a coal enrichment plant, as well as a coal transportation network and a number of integrated infrastructure companies.
82% of Raspadskaya's ordinary shares are owned by EVRAZ plc.
... Swiss-based EVRAZ trading company, which is a sole distribution channel outside of CIS. East Metals AG exports steel products supplied from EVRAZ steel mills in Russia (EVRAZ ZSMK, EVRAZ NTMK) and Ukraine (EVRAZ DMZ Petrovskogo), as well as iron ore mines (EVRAZ KGOK in Russia and EVRAZ Sukha Balka in Ukraine). East Metals AG also conducts international sales of ferrovanadium on behalf of EVRAZ.
Main exports include iron ore fines and pellets; pig iron; semi-finished steel products (slab and square ...