EVRAZ Q3 2017 PRODUCTION REPORT
Date of publication: 17.10.2017
EVRAZ plc (LSE: EVR; “EVRAZ” or the “Group”) today released its operational results for the third quarter of 2017.
Q3 2017 vs Q2 2017 OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
• Consolidated crude steel output increased by 5.9% quarter-on-quarter to 3.5 million tonnes in Q3 2017, primarily following the completion of capital repairs at EVRAZ DMZ’ oxygen-converter plant and the ramp-up of EVRAZ Regina after the planned outage in Q2 2017.
• Production of steel products, net of re-rolled volumes, increased by 4.4% quarter-on-quarter to 3.1 million tonnes as a result of increased output of semi-finished products due to the completion of planned capital repairs at EVRAZ ZSMK and EVRAZ DMZ.
• Production of construction products increased by 6.0% quarter-on-quarter following a seasonal upturn in demand.
• Production of railway products was down 9.8% due to planned capital repairs at Russian facilities and planned downtime for maintenance in North America.
• Output of flat products decreased by 9.3% quarter-on-quarter, mostly following a planned maintenance outage in North America.
• In North America, output of tubular products, including large-diameter pipes (LDP), oil country tubular goods (OCTG) and small-diameter line pipes, increased as a result of higher steel availability after a planned outage at EVRAZ Regina and strong demand recovery in OCTG.
• Consolidated raw coking coal output in Q3 2017 was in line with Q2 2017.
For further information:
London: +44 207 832 8998 Moscow: +7 495 937 6871
London: +44 207 832 8990 Moscow: +7 495 232 1370