Date of publication: 15.11.2011
15 November 2011 – EVRAZ plc (LSE: EVR) and Evraz Group S.A. (LSE: EVRZ) (jointly referred to as “EVRAZ”) today issued a trading update for the first nine months and third quarter of 2011 for EVRAZ.
The information in this press release has been prepared in accordance with management accounting policies. Inter-company transactions have been eliminated in consolidation. This announcement does not contain sufficient information to constitute an interim financial report as defined in International Accounting Standard 34, “Interim Financial Reporting”. The following results may differ from financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”). The numbers in this press release have not been audited or reviewed.
EVRAZ publishes consolidated financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS for the six months ended June 30 and for the year ended December 31, in each year.
- Revenue for the nine-month period ended 30 September 2011 was US$12,537 million (US$4,157 million in 3Q 2011)
- The nine-month of 2011 Adjusted EBITDA was US$2,401 million (3Q 2011 EBITDA was US$772 million) with adjusted EBITDA margin of 19.2% (18.6% in 3Q 2011)
- Interest expense was US$551 million in the first nine months of 2011 (US$164 million in 3Q 2011)
- Total debt as of 30 September 2011 amounted to US$7,214 million, including US$672 million of short-term loans and current portion of long-term debt
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period stood at US$578 million
- Capital expenditures amounted to US$945 million in the first nine months 2011 (US$483 million in 3Q 2011)
- Total steel products sales in the nine-month period ended 30 September 2011 amounted to 11.7 million tonnes (3.8 million in 3Q 2011)
- Iron ore sales volumes including intersegment shipments totalled 15 million tonnes (4.9 million tonnes in 3Q 2011)
- In the first nine months of 2011, coal sales including intersegment shipments were 6.9 million tonnes (2 million in 3Q 2011), including 1.4 million tonnes (0.2 million) of raw coking coal, 1.1 million tonnes of steam coal (0.4 million), 4.3 million tonnes (1.3 million) of coking coal concentrate and 0.1 million tonnes of steam concentrate (0 million)
Full version of the press-release can be downloaded here